If you would like to receive support from Hibiscus Initiatives, please call us directly on 0207 697 4120.
We will arrange a 30 to 45 minutes assessment where our community support worker will ask you a number of questions to help us understand why you have contacted the service. We will then discuss with you a suitable support plan to address your needs. We may also suggest other agencies that might be helpful, and services that can offer specialist support.
Refer a client to the Community Resettlement Project
Our Community Resettlement Project takes referrals and provides practical advice, emotional support and a range of educational and skills training workshops to women released into the community. We reduce the inequalities experienced by ex-offenders and women with no recourse to public funds. Our support includes:
- Women-centred casework support on matters including education, housing, immigration, welfare benefits, contact with family, life in the UK
- Assistance in determining clients rights and entitlements
- Skill and education training, including basic literacy (delivered by qualified ESOL teacher) and IT classes
- Signposting and referral to other specialist and mainstream agencies including housing departments, pro bono lawyers and Job Centre Plus
- Working in partnership with other agencies, for example Birth Companions, PACT and Women in Prison
- Interpretation and translation
- Mentoring and befriending
- Support with establishing family contact
- Pro bono legal immigration clinics
- Structured recruitment and training of volunteers, mentors and peer mentors
- Work experience for women Released on Temporary Licence (ROTL)
We will aim to book an appointment as soon as possible. Please provide as much information as you can to enable us provide the most effective support.
If you have any queries please contact the community team directly on 0207 697 4120 and ask for Anta or Vanna.
Refer yourself or a client to the International Resettlement and Support Services for Those Detained Project
To refer someone or yourself to our International Resettlement and Support Services for Those Detained Project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide as much information as you can to enable us provide the most effective support.