Refer a client to the Community Resettlement Project
Our Community Resettlement Project takes referrals and provides practical advice, emotional support and a range of educational and skills training workshops to women released into the community. We reduce the inequalities experienced by ex-offenders and women with no recourse to public funds.
ELIGIBILITY FOR REFERRALS
- Foreign national women who have been affected by the criminal justice system (CJS) including immigration detention.
- Foreign national women at risk of being involved in the CJS / immigration detention.
- Victims of human trafficking who are not eligible for other sources of support.
- All referrals must be + 18 years old.
- All referrals must be women.
Our support includes:
- Women-centred casework support on matters including education, housing, immigration, welfare benefits, contact with family, life in the UK
- Assistance in determining clients rights and entitlements
- Skill and education training, including basic literacy (delivered by qualified ESOL teacher) and IT classes
- Signposting and referral to other specialist and mainstream agencies including housing departments, pro bono lawyers and Job Centre Plus
- Working in partnership with other agencies, for example Birth Companions, PACT and Women in Prison
- Interpretation and translation
- Mentoring and befriending
- Support with establishing family contact
- Pro bono legal immigration clinics
- Structured recruitment and training of volunteers, mentors and peer mentors
- Work experience for women Released on Temporary Licence (ROTL)
If you have any queries please contact the community team directly on 0207 697 4120 and ask for Anta or Vanna.
To refer yourself or a client to the International Resettlement and Services in Detention please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide as much information as you can to enable us provide the most effective support.