Everybody has been so good. They support you, they call you, they want to find out about you. I think they should give them an award.
The Community Resettlement and volunteering project supports women returning to the community from prison and detention to access mainstream provision and integrate into the community, assisting them to make informed choices about their future. The project also supports women with immigration restrictions, including women who have no recourse to public funds.
Our support services include:
- Accompanying women to appointments such as benefit interviews, immigration reporting, medical appointments and court hearings
- Practical support to open a bank account, apply for a National Insurance Number, register with a GP or filling out forms
- Language and interpretation
- Mentoring and befriending
- Assistance in establishing entitlement on housing and benefits
- Education and training
- Help in re-establishing family links and exploring child care options
- Further signposting to agencies who provide specialist support
We aim to offer all-round holistic support, and to this end we work with a range of agencies including: social services, local housing offices, MPs, solicitors’ firms, NHS Trusts, organisations working around mental health care, the police and courts.
Head of Community and Prison Services
020 7697 4120 ext. 4126
07951 182 558
Our Women’s Centre is a bright, cheerful, women-only space in North London. It was developed in close consultation with the women we assist, to provide a safe, welcoming space, where women can relax, learn new skills or access specialist advice both in groups and in one-to-one sessions.